Re: metal spinning

ArtMetal
Bramblebush

Follow UpsPost FollowupBramblebush ForumsFAQ

Posted by Ron Haneline on August 05, 1998 at 19:07:23:

In Reply to: Re: metal spinning posted by Ralph Parus on January 14, 1998 at 19:26:39:

: : : I am interested in learning the art of metal spinning, working primarily in pewter. Are there any schools available, or anyone that is willing to teach someone that has hands that are all thumbs? I have read the books but have been unable to locate any equipment that will get me started.

: Robert,

: Just this past year I also wanted to learn metal spinning. I did the same thing, I bought a bunch of books and posted a lot of questions here at ArtMetal. Both were a great help to me. I've learned a lot about metal spinning in the past year but I still have a lot more to learn.

: So I say metal spinning is something you can begin to teach yourself. I just went out and bought a heavy duty wood lathe, read a lot, asked a lot of questions. BUT! If your all thumbs you might want to think about teaching yourself. A piece of spinning metal can be a very dangerous thing. Even though a spun piece of metal can be a beutiful thing.

: Ralph

Follow Ups:

Follow UpsPost FollowupBramblebush ForumsFAQ