Re: METAL PHOTO ETCHING

ArtMetal
Bramblebush

Follow UpsBramblebush ForumsFAQ

Posted by Sammi on December 03, 1998 at 13:02:18:

In Reply to: Re: METAL PHOTO ETCHING posted by Dan Harris on June 02, 1998 at 14:07:42:

Hi. I found this site while trying to find some information about photo-etching. I'v never tried this technique before on metal and am very interested. I came across a product called PnP blue acetate film which is used as a resist in a book I found in the craft and hobby section, but the book didn't provide and any other information about the product. You take a black and white photocopy then you copy that image onto to the film using a photocopier. The image is then transfered to the metal by means of using an iron. From reading this site, one of you mentioned a process of using an iron to transfer the image. I've been trying to locate a supplier for this stuff but haven't had much luck. I've tried traditional etching on metal using resist and then etching the design. However, this time I'd like to etch so that the area can be filled in with enamel. Therefore, being able to draw a black and white and then transfering the image would be a better way to do it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Sammi

Follow Ups:

Follow UpsBramblebush ForumsFAQ