Re: protective finish, metalizing metals examples

ArtMetal
Bramblebush

Follow UpsBramblebush ForumsFAQ

Posted by bpfink on February 15, 1998 at 16:46:52:

In Reply to: Re: protective finish and metalizing metals posted by bruce paul fink on February 15, 1998 at 16:12:48:

I should have given the location of two examples of the metalized finish. These are both on entryways and can be seen at:

http://www.fink.com/bpfink/

One is a long 18 ft wide door assembly the other is my own front rolling door. Did probably another 8 or so that way as well as about 40 wall reliefs....

Parts of the entries were cast in bronze (handles, knobs, etc.) and then wrapped in plastic before fitting into the original wax mockup. The surfaces were modeled and the plaster / sand molds were taken off the models. The wax was removed via steam cleaning and the molds were dried in the sun over a period of two weeks with fans also on them. These need NOT have the chemical water removed. (Made a table out of a truck chassis and left only the starter motor on the gear box so the unit could be driven in and out daily with the aid of a 12 volt battery. Steering was done by welding a pipe to the steering column and the unit was run from behind by pulling a rope that went to the starter and was steered by the pipe unit out the back of the table. It later became a tent platform that my son lived on for over a year and a half when he came of age and was supposed to either leave the house, go to college or pay rent. A deal was a deal... he left the house and camped in the side yard for the next 1 1/2 years till he moved in with a new girlfriend. But that's getting off the track is'nt it. I was a good heavy duty table.

The bronze handle butts and anchors were therfore exposed to the metalizing when the wax was removed and the blend of the two becomes perfection along with the very strong anchor system for the entire doorway. Don't we have fun?

Follow Ups:

Follow UpsBramblebush ForumsFAQ