Re: Mullers: fact or fiction

ArtMetal
Bramblebush

Bramblebush ForumsFAQ

Posted by Rob Frink on July 20, 19100 at 22:03:01:

In Reply to: Mullers: fact or fiction posted by Dave on July 18, 19100 at 13:06:20:

I was a manual muller for some time myself. Then I got one from a auction at our local city schools. There have been more than a couple that have showed up at auctions inthe last year. The city schools are getting rid of their industrial arts departments for computer labs. All of the machine tools and wood shop tools, foundry furnaces, molding benches, mullers, flasks, forges....etc...it will all go eventually. The good part about it is that I bought my muller for $90. A year earlier a used foundry equipment dealer qutoted a used one for over $1000 and Mifco was 2-3X more. Keep your eyes open....I've even seen them on Ebay.

I'm a green sander and I wouldn't live without the muller again. It really does a nice job breaking up the pea sized crunchies of burnt sand and clay. With the muller, my moist content and clay % is lower with better green strength.

But lets get serious,....the BEST part about the muller is no more back aches from shoveling, pounding, rakeing, watering, mixing......etc. Also I don't have to start conditioning the sand 4-5 days before the pour.

-Rob

Follow Ups:

Bramblebush ForumsFAQ