Re: Hydroperm Plaster

ArtMetal
Bramblebush

Bramblebush ForumsFAQ

Posted by Jesse Brennan on January 14, 19100 at 09:01:22:

In Reply to: Re: Hydroperm Plaster posted by joewizard on January 13, 19100 at 09:17:42:

The ceramic shell molds I have been using are all dewaxed in an industrial steam autoclave so wax adsorbtion probably won't be a problem for me if I ever use hyedroperm with the ceramic shell.

The cores I have used are number 1 casting plaster with as much sand as I can keep in suspension. They have worked fine in ceramic shell but they are heavy and I had one shift because of not enough support I think. The piece worked so it was not a loss. In sand casting bronze I have had trouble with plaster core venting but it is a problem getting the cores dry enough and keeping them that way in green sand. Probably should try CO2 cores here but haven't yet. I have more info on plaster molds also some more by USG but it hasn't all turned up. They had it on the website but they must have pulled it off. I have used 2 piece plaster molds with pewter . These work best when preheated and with scratch vents at the seam.

Jesse

Follow Ups:

Bramblebush ForumsFAQ