Re: Topic:Autoclave principals for Dewaxing?

ArtMetal
Bramblebush

Bramblebush ForumsFAQ

Posted by Robert Oblon on July 26, 1999 at 18:38:28:

In Reply to: Topic:Autoclave principals for Dewaxing? posted by Jack Davis on December 15, 1998 at 18:26:12:

Here's my take on "autooclaving" It' great if you have one that is large enough to hold large shells, but to buile one worries me to no end. This is the second time I've come across questions about building one of these "steam bombs". The problem is that there is a lot of steam and pressure required to do the dewaxing correctly and if your build one?! How are you capturing the vessel so it doesn't explode on you or around you. They are manufactured to "ASTM" specs. and you still have to fire your shell once you've dewaxed it. How are you planning to generate the heat and pressure ffor the 'clave?

Build a burnout oven using forced air and kaowood lining and dewax much faster and reuse your wax from the oven. Autoclaving puts water into the molten wax which then has to cooked out...Good luck. Try calling industrial foundries to see if they have an old autoclave sittiing around tking up space and would love to get rid of if you go and pick it up. Oh yeah! You'll need a steam generator to make steam for the autoclave.

Follow Ups:

Bramblebush ForumsFAQ