Re: CASTING Plaster Investments vs. Ceramic Shell?????

ArtMetal
Bramblebush

Bramblebush ForumsFAQ

Posted by bpfink on January 18, 1999 at 14:08:34:

In Reply to: Re: CASTING Plaster Investments vs. Ceramic Shell????? posted by John Dach on January 15, 1999 at 16:56:38:

**/ big snip /**

"Well this is way past my 2 cents worth. Sorry to ramble."

: John

: Maiden Metals

PLEASE ramble on John. But that's a wrong word... enlighten might be more appropriate.

This is exactly the kind of information that thousands out here are hungry for and that ArtMetal can assist. One of the reasons I post here alot is to also answer the many direct emails I get asking repeat questions (of all sorts). Seems I have acquired the reputation of being an open source of info on many things extending way back to my teaching days 40 years ago. (A lot of past students are still at it all over the country and I'm still experimenting and learning from them also).

You are working in smaller sizes than I and that is a major determinating preference difference but also better

answers the directions of so many others.

I wonder if you or others will also elaborate on how you constructed your fluidized bed system?

Air source and base mat for the bed?

On what would be your largest sizes that you might find practical before becoming another type or awkward degree of operation?

Or anything else to further outline your general process?

Drying systems on rainy days?

Coring systems?

Hanging hangers?

Pin or strength or tree supports?

Cup sizes or vacumn or centrifical configurations?

I am sure the years since I used it have seen many new changes

that I know nothing about. Will have to get your way and have a mini refresher course someday.

Thanks much. bruce paul fink

http://www.fink.com/bpfink

Follow Ups:

Bramblebush ForumsFAQ