A Question about tinning compound

Whitesmithing | | |

Hello, I am new to this site. I am trying to find a particular tinning compound for a tinsmith friend of mine. I am hoping that someone here can help me locate it.

It is York's Tinning Compound.

Thank you so much for your help,


ScottTheSculptor's picture


Does it have to be York?
There are many brands of tinning compound/paste/butter.
They all contain powdered tin and flux to tin the surface when you heat it up.